Milk Thistle for Liver & Kidney Support
Detoxifies the liver & kidneys by removing toxins that can build up in a pet's system when taking pharmaceuticals or from chemical-laden foods. Improves liver and kidney function, supports regeneration of the liver, and supports overworked kidneys.
Milk thistle, also known as Silybum Marianum is an herb that has been used for thousands of years by humans for its powerful medicinal properties. The active ingredient is Silymarin which contains flavonoids that have many beneficial properties including:
- Antioxidant (acts as free radical scavengers)
- Promotes cellular regeneration and repair
- Removes toxic chemicals that can accumulate in your pet’s system
Milk Thistle for Liver Function
- Assists with detoxifying a damaged liver
- Enhances the regenerative effects by supporting and strengthening the liver
Milk Thistle for pets with liver disease is glycerin-based and safe for long-term use. This potent herbal formula provides excellent preventative support and can be taken in conjunction with conventional treatment.
Milk Thistle for Kidney Function
- Improves kidney function as well as aiding the damage that can occur in the body due to the use of drugs, radiation therapy, diabetes, and infections.
- Preliminary studies have shown Milk Thistle to improve markers associated with diabetic kidney disease in blood and urine.
Milk Thistle for Anti-Cancer Support
- Due to the antioxidant properties, Milk Thistle may help reduce or slow down the growth of specific cancer cells.
- May protect and prevent cancer cells from dividing in your pet’s body.
Milk Thistle may also be beneficial to pets undergoing chemotherapy as Silymarium may enhance the activity of certain chemo drugs.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 6.9 kg = 0.5 ml
7 - 13 kg = 1.0 ml
14 - 20 kg = 1.5 ml
21 - 27 kg = 2.0 ml
28 - 34 kg = 2.5 ml
Over 34 kg = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provide and places the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth.
Certified Organic Milk Thistle Seed, Purified Water, Glycerin
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use Milk Thistle in pregnant or nursing animals.
Made in Canada
Recently, my cat was diagnosed with diabetes and lost her appetite. Fortunately, i managed to find Nhv from Paws and Patch and these supplements worked so well. It was shipped within a day too. Emails were also answered quickly by Terence and Steph. Within a day my sick fur baby has regained her vitality. Thank you Paws and Patch! Thanks Terence and Steph.